MNT Reform i.MX8MPlus Processor Module
8 GB RAM and 1.8 GHz CPU Speed.
This module is a successor to the original i.MX8M. It doubles the amount of RAM to 8 GB and bumps the CPU speed to 1.8 GHz by making use of the 14nm NXP i.MX8MPlus processor. Typical CPU workloads perform ~20% faster compared to the i.MX8M.
The integrated QCA9377 module upgrades the Wi-Fi capabilities to 802.11a/b/g/n/ac and introduces Bluetooth 5.0 to the platform.
Your existing installation and software remains compatible—you just need to have an up-to-date kernel and u-boot installed prior to upgrading.
- i.MX8MPlus has only one PCIe lane. You can continue using a NVMe SSD in the M.2 slot, but the mPCIe socket will be non-functional. Due to the integrated Wi-Fi/BT chip on the 8MPlus module, you don't strictly require this socket any longer.
- QCA9377 requires binary firmware to operate (publicly available, runs on the QCA9377 chip, not on your CPU).
- The GC7000UL GPU in i.MX8MPlus is compatible with the same open-source drivers as the one in i.MX8M, but has less shader cores. Heavy GPU loads can thus have a lower framerate.
In the Box
- Boundary Devices Nitrogen8MPlus SOM with 8GB RAM, 128GB eMMC and Qualcomm/Atheros QCA9377 Wi-Fi/BT
- Installed on MNT Reform processor slot adapter
- Custom machined heatsink
- Wi-Fi antenna and holder
- Manuals and Downloads
- Modularity Comparison Table
- For questions, updates and feedback, join the MNT Community or write us an email.
- Head over to our FAQs if you have any questions regarding payment methods, import fees and warranty.
- MNT Reform CM4 Processor Module Adapter €149.00
- MNT Reform LS1028A Processor Module €899.00
- MNT Reform Kintex-7 FPGA Processor Module €1,599.00
- MNT Reform Operator Handbook €39.00
- MNT Reform €1,199.00