ZZ9000 for Amiga
Important: Shipping Date
(Updated 2023-03-27) The item is not in stock, but available for pre-order. Batch 10 is now sold out and shipping. If you pre-order now (after 2023-03-26), you are in batch 11 and have to expect shipment in Q2 2023. Before buying, please keep in mind that additional delays can happen due to global shortages.
ZZ9000 is the successor to the VA2000 Amiga graphics card. But it can do more than just graphics: based on the Xilinx ZYNQ XC7Z020 chip, it features not only a powerful 7-series FPGA, but also 2 ARM Cortex-A9 cores and DDR3 memory.
- RTG: Up to 1920x1080 FHD screen resolution at 8bit 256-colors "Chunky", 16bit or 32bit color depths. (1920x1080 at 16 bit, all other resolutions up to 32 bit).
- Enhanced VA2000CX Amiga native video passthrough functionality with AGA support (scandoubler with interlace flicker-fixer)
- Dual 666MHz ARM Cortex A9 coprocessors to offload computing tasks like JPEG (in development), MP3 decoding and graphics acceleration
- 1GB DDR3 RAM
- Ethernet interface: Get your Amiga online
- USB port supports USB mass storage devices. The driver allows you to access USB sticks from workbench (beta, in further development).
- SD Card interface (for firmware updates, not usable from AmigaOS)
- For Amiga 500, 2000, 3000 and 4000 (Zorro 2 and 3 compatible)
- Drivers, firmware and schematics are open sourced: https://source.mnt.re/amiga
- Includes ZZ9000CX video slot capture card with cable
- Includes metal slot bracket
- Includes a minimal SDK with C examples for running ARM code from AmigaOS
- Important: To use ZZ9000 with Amiga 500, you need a Zorro II adapter like Rob Cranley's Z-500 or the Checkmate 1500 Zorro adapter.
More technical information: https://mntre.com/zz9000ZZ9000's PCB color changed from blue to black for batch 10.