MNT RKX7 FPGA Module
Important: Shipping Date
(Updated 2023-05-23) The item is ready to order, but made on demand. Please allow up to 3 months for shipment. Get in touch for volume orders.
This is the open hardware system-on-module featuring the Xilinx/AMD Kintex-7 FPGA (XC7K160T or XC7K325T) and 2GB DDR3 RAM. It can be used as an alternative to the main processor module in the MNT Reform open hardware laptop or in any other custom device. The idea is to test synthesized open cores such as LiteX (RISC-V, multi-architecture) in a real laptop. True emulation of vintage computer architectures in a laptop form factor is possible as well.
An RGB to eDP adapter to connect this module to MNT Reform's internal display is available separately.
More Details and Documentation
- FPGA: Xilinx Kintex-7 XC7K160T-FFG676 or XC7K325T-FFG676
- Please note that building gateware for XC7K325T requires Vivado Enterprise license.
- Memory: 2GB DDR3 (2x Micron IS43TR16512B-125KBLI in 32-bit topology)
- 100 MHz main clock oscillator
- HDMI 1.4 (Full HD) implemented via Sii9022 encoder
- 1 GBit Ethernet via KSZ9031RNX PHY
- 2x PCIe lanes connected to GTX transceivers
- 1x USB3 connected to GTX transceiver
- 3x UART, 2x I2C, 1x SAI, 1x PWM backlight ports connected to FPGA fabric
- 128 MBit configuration flash (Winbond W25Q128JVSIM)
- JTAG header
- 6 synchronous buck converters powered by single 5V input
- Size: 68x67.5mm, 200 pin SO-DIMM card edge (mates with TE 1717254-1 or TE 1473005-1)
- Schematics: PDF