MNT Reform Keyboard 3.0
MNT's compact and slim mechanical keyboard returns with new features for even more comfort.
For this fresh version of the MNT Reform Open Hardware Keyboard we chose a traditional stagger instead of an experimental one: The rows of the keyboard are now arranged offset to one-another, resembling the classic layout of a typewriter. With this improvement, you don't have to get used to a new layout any longer, but can instead use your muscle memory and start typing right away.
Another new feature is the continuous convex spacebar which is easier on the thumbs. It is still split, but now located in the middle, as in most keyboards, so from now on you can hit it without even thinking about it. Additionally, we included homing keycaps (F and J), which helps you navigating the keys.
As most of MNT's products are modular, the MNT Reform Keyboard is no exception. If you own an MNT Reform Laptop, you can now upgrade your laptop with this most recent version of the keyboard by purchasing the no-case option. It is 100% compatible due to a new switch containing two modes: laptop mode and standalone mode. This way, you can decide what you need and tune your gear accordingly.
The highly regarded benefits of the previous version still stand.
The classic MNT Reform USB Keyboard has received a lot of positive feedback including this video review by Wolfgang from Wolfgang's Channel. If you want to take a detailed look at the (previous version of the) keyboard we highly recommend watching it:
That being said, the benefits of the classic version still remain:
- Mechanical, but ultra compact
- Case milled from weighty, anodized aluminum
- Available in 2 shades: black, purple
- Robust laser-etched legends
- Dimmable WLED backlight on all keys (except spacebar)
- Smooth but precise haptics with custom concave keycaps (except spacebar) by FKcaps (MBK)
- Kailh Choc Brown (tactile) or White (clicky) keyswitches
- Different language layouts
- Completely open hardware and open-source firmware
- N-key rollover: Diodes on every keyswitch prevent ghosting
- Controller: ATmega23U4 with open-source firmware based on LUFA
- Easy to update via USB
- Supported by the popular QMK firmware
- 126 x 32 pixel customizable OLED menu: Display anything you want by simply writing raw HID reports (/dev/hidraw on Linux)
- Works with any computer with USB: Single USB-C port with USB2.0 signalling.
In the Box
- MNT Reform Keyboard 3.0
- 1 m USB-C cable
Weight: 650 g
Greta Melnik custom-designed a pineapple leather sleeve (Piñatex, vegan) that protects your keyboard.
For questions, updates and feedback, join the MNT Community or write us an email.